As an entrepreneur it is important to know as much as possible about promotion through Facebook Ads, that’s why this article is for you.
We will highlight the most important aspects to take into account when you want to promote your business through Facebook Ads.
WHY IS IT WORTH PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH FACEBOOK ADS REGARDLESS OF THE FIELD OF ACTIVITY?
First of all, we’ll discuss the main reasons why it’s worth promoting your business through Facebook Ads (even if you don’t know what it is and how it’s done, the idea is to understand the importance of this promotion channel).
Here are the main benefits:
- you can accomplish a multitude of marketing goals (make your business known to the world, convey an important message about your product to millions of people, easily get the contact details of potential customers, and of course, sell exceptionally well)
- everything you do is measurable (Facebook has developed an impressive system of KPIs – key performance indicators – a.k.a. performance indicators, through which you can measure everything from the number of people who see your post to the number of web page views, the rate of conversion, click-through rate, number of registrations, number of purchases, etc.)
- you can easily view reports and monitor all activity in real-time (including the activity of the marketing agency you hire to manage your campaigns)
- you can reach your target audience much more easily
- you can do advanced remarketing actions (for example, if you have an online store and someone abandons the shopping cart, you can create ads that remind them to buy)
- over 10 million Romanians are active daily on the Facebook network (Facebook, Instagram, Chat, etc.)
- you can define very specific audiences to address (eg: you own a restaurant in Bucharest and you want your ad to appear only to tourists in Bucharest near your restaurant)
There are many reasons why Facebook Ads are beneficial. If you have a business in 2021, whether it’s offline or online, if you don’t use the full power of Facebook Ads, you’re losing a lot of ground to the competition.
We offer you another super strong reason:
When you use Facebook Ads at the PRO level, you have every chance to scale your business.
However, it also depends on the business model you are following and many other factors.
Contact us for a free consultation regarding your business’s Facebook Ads account.
There are certainly more benefits that we have not listed, but we hope that we have convinced you of the importance of promoting through Facebook Ads.
WHAT IS FACEBOOK ADS?
Facebook Ads, as I said above, is an online marketing channel through which you can promote your business on the Facebook network.
And not just the business.
You can promote your own brand.
You can promote an event.
You can promote a concept, a video, and almost anything.
If you have a Facebook Page or Instagram Page (Page, not a personal profile), you’ve probably seen “Boost Post” “Promote this Post” or “Promote Page” buttons from time to time.
Well, through these buttons, Facebook is trying to show you that if you pay good money, you can grow your pages.
Unfortunately, there are limitations regarding “Boost Post”.
What are these limitations?
- with “Boost Post” or “Promote Page”, you can only show your post or page to X number of Facebook users (depending on how much money you pay) and according to a small audience that you can select
- you will never be able to set more ambitious goals with this method, for example, a purchase goal (ie people buy from your website)
you cannot promote your own website, and you are also limited in terms of audience targeting
HOW CAN YOU USE FACEBOOK ADS PROMOTION?
Facebook Ads are done from Facebook Ads Manager.
This is where things can get a little tricky, especially if you’re not familiar with the subject.
But if you want to make the most of the power of Facebook Ads, you need to learn the “game” (and we recommend that you know the platform as much as possible, even if you use a freelancer or a marketing agency to do everything for you, that because I’ve met big agencies who had no idea how to set up their Facebook Ads accounts properly – yeah, gross).
First, you need a Facebook Ads account. You can create a Facebook Ads account for an individual or a company. We recommend that you do it on the Company as much as possible (if not, it’s also ok for the individual).
If you’re doing it for your company, you first need a Facebook Business account.
Create a Facebook Business account here.
It is not very complicated.
If you don’t have a Business account on Facebook at all, you will find the button to create one on that page.
Of course, you will need at least one Facebook page. You can create the Facebook page here. If you have a Facebook page, connect it to your Business Facebook account in Business settings:
(It is preferable to enter from the Desktop to make the settings, not from the phone)
- When you’re in Business settings, make sure you’ve chosen the right account (business account) – step 1 in the image.
- Go to the “Accounts” area -> Pages – step 2 in the image
- Here if you already have the added page you will see it, if not add the Facebook page to the business account (press the “Add” or “Add” button) – step 3 in the image
- After you have added the Facebook page to the Business account you can click on the page and find the “Add people” button and add yourself – step 4 in the image
After you have connected the page to your Facebook Business account, you must also add your Instagram account. Do the same. It might ask you to log in to Instagram from your browser, so be prepared.
Now you need a Facebook Ads account per company. Go in the same category to “Ad Accounts” and create a Facebook Ads account on Business Manager.
Now, as an idea, from here you will manage everything that means Facebook Ads campaigns. It is similar if you make the Ads account per individual. The difference is that if you make it a Business you will benefit from more options such as domain verification, Facebook Pixel, Event Manager, eCommerce Product Catalog, etc.
You can also create a business account for a natural person, but when you are asked to verify your business, you will be blocked.
1. In business settings, at the bottom of everything you have “Business Info”. Make sure you have entered your company details correctly.
Also, enable 2-step authentication on your private Facebook account. Data security is very important, especially when you have a business account on Facebook.
Also, don’t forget to use your VAT code for invoices.
2. Also from business settings of “Payment Methods“. There you add your billing and credit card details from the company. We recommend having a secondary account with a little money (or enough to run campaigns). This is because accounts have been hacked before and you are risking your company’s money.
3. In business settings – Brand Safety – Domains, add the domain of your website (this if you have a website) and start the verification procedure (talk to your developer/IT or marketing agency to solve it if you don’t know exactly how because it’s a more technical job).
4. In business settings – Data Sources – Pixels – create the Pixel for your website. This is where things get complicated enough that we’ll need a new article to explain the whole process. Until we come back with the article, you can call on us to help you install it correctly.
Let’s just say we have everything we need to start the “fun”. There would be other things to set, it depends on what kind of business you have, what strategies you adopt, what goals you have, etc.
2 other important aspects:
- when we use Facebook Ads and Facebook Business Manager, we must have AD Blockers disabled. It is important for Facebook to be able to display all your settings correctly. If you block the settings with an Ad Blocker, you will experience difficulties.
- a lot of people who start promoting something on Facebook complain about their accounts being blocked. In order not to have any surprises, make sure that you use the Business Manager from your personal account and that you provide everything that is requested of you by Facebook (eg: if you receive a notification to verify you, upload the Bulletin and the necessary documents to the platform). If you don’t do it in time, you might get banned forever and you won’t be able to use Facebook Ads anymore. The same with business: if you are asked to verify your business, send everything that is requested of you.
HOW CAN YOU PROMOTE YOURSELF EFFICIENTLY THROUGH FACEBOOK ADS?
Now that you have everything set up, you can start your first Facebook Ads campaigns! Of course, we won’t be able to write everything about Facebook Ads, but we will explain the most important aspects.
Facebook Ads are divided as follows: Campaign, Ad set, Ad.
When you want to make an announcement, you start by creating a campaign. Click the +Create button and get started!
1. The Campaign: set the campaign objective.
The campaign is divided into 3 large categories of objectives: Awareness, Consideration, and Conversions.
Depending on what you want to do with your campaign, choose the objective, for example:
- do we want people to buy a product? choose “Conversion”
- do we want people to see our post? choose reach
- do we want people to react to our post? choose engagement
- do we want people to see our blog post? choose traffic
So take your pick and move on. Enter the name of the campaign. Go ahead without any other settings (it would matter whether or not you check CBO – Campaign Budget Optimization. In short, check CBO only if you want things to be more automatic and less manual, and if you want the budget to be distributed per campaign and not per Ad set. If you choose CBO we recommend that you let the campaign run for at least 7 days before you change anything about it).
*A campaign can have several ad sets.
2. The Ad Set.
The Ad set can contain multiple ads. In the ad set, you set the targeting details (target audience).
- name the ad set as we wish
- we choose the targeted action (it differs depending on the campaign objective)
- there are several settings that differ. As a beginner, you can check Dynamic Creative (it’s easier).
- we choose the budget, the date of the campaign
- choose the audience (we create a new audience and check the demographics/interests, etc. according to the audience we want to target)
- at placements, you can leave it on auto if you are a beginner (or manual if you are more advanced)
- let’s move on to setting up the ad
3. We set the ad.
The ad is actually what the user sees when browsing Facebook/Story/Instagram etc.
- we choose a name
- we choose the Facebook and Instagram pages from which we want the ad to be displayed
- we create the ad (we add texts, links, buttons, images, videos, etc.)
- we start the campaign
This is the process explained very briefly.
There are numerous methods, strategies, and settings that can be done to create impact campaigns.
The process is very complex, especially for beginners.
At Vincit, we manage numerous Facebook Ads accounts in different fields of activity.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FACEBOOK ADS ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS?
After you start a campaign, it enters the “verification” stage.
Facebook analyzes the ad, the text, and the website it reaches (if it is set this way), and if you have violated a Facebook policy, you risk having your account suspended or closed permanently.
If everything is ok, the campaign will start running.
Be very careful before starting a campaign! After the campaign has started, any change you make (even a simple comma) will throw everything on your head: the campaign will stop because it will go back into the verification phase, then into the “learning” phase (depending on the settings founded).
If you want to edit a campaign, we recommend duplicating the active campaign and starting a new campaign with the new settings. After you see that the new campaign is starting to work, you close the old one.
Data from Facebook Ads is not 100% accurate. Reports appear late.
You may see results only after a few days in your statistics panel, and even if there were sales, for example, they may not display correctly on Facebook.
It depends on how well you set up your Pixel and other factors.
The budget of a campaign differs. You can have campaigned for 10 lei per day or $ 1000 per day.
It all depends on you and your goals.
To get off to a good start, we recommend a daily budget 3 times higher than the price of your product.
Most of the time the campaigns at the beginning will be more expensive. As data is collected you will be able to optimize it and massively reduce costs. Also, the desired audience will be much easier to approach. (We rely heavily on Facebook’s algorithms and the AI behind it, so we can’t 100% guarantee a result because it’s impossible to know what the result might be, there are so many factors in between – competition, web page efficiency, the ad itself, issues related to pricing, etc.).
It usually starts with several test campaigns (depending on the budget). By testing we mean: we test the audience, we test how effective an ad/message/image/landing page is. We test, test, optimize, test, retest, etc. until we reach the winning option. Then we start scaling.
You will only do promotion through Facebook Ads if you are at least a master of the theoretical part.
You can learn more about Facebook Ads by taking Facebook’s Facebook Blueprint courses.
When working with a marketing agency or freelancer, we 100% recommend signing a contract. Also, avoid giving admin access to Facebook Business or your pages as much as possible. If you’re working with an agency, make sure the agency only asks for “Partner” access and nothing more (for added security).
Also in business settings, under Users, you have the box with “Partners”. We usually ask for Teamviewer every time we have to make a change in a customer’s Business account and we don’t have admin access.
Call a consultant or a marketing agency only if you don’t want to bother with all this “madness” if you don’t have time, if you want to deal with your business itself and not with ads, or if you have a budget pay someone to do it for you.
Focus on return on investment and profit!
Watch your cash flow carefully and never rely on just 1 promotion channel!